Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm already broke and I haven't even left yet!!

Holy cow... making a movie is expensive!!! I mean, of course it is, right? Everyone knows that. But... wow. I was kind of hoping making a 'no-budget' film would involve... no budget! I bought a camera; then I needed to by an SD card for it; then I needed to buy a tripod; then a shotgun mic; then an adapter to hook the microphone up the the camera! I have spent more on this camera setup then I was planning to spend on the actual road trip part of the road trip!!

That being said, this is a really nice set up. Definitely the best set up I have ever been able to use! Even though it is not a pro setup, it should give me pretty close to pro quality footage!

Even though I won't at all have enough money to get a computer and program to edit the footage... but I'll deal with that when I get back.

Right now I am waiting for all the equipment to get here (I ordered it online so it might take a few days). That means that, rather then leave the 9th, I am going to push the date back a few days I am now thinking of leaving the 11th (next Wednesday) but that kind of depends on whether or not all of the stuff gets here.

Anyways, I am so excited! Every day at work I just dream of this trip. It is gonna be great. I just hope my money doesn't run out (although if it does I'll figure it out) and Wednesday gets here quickly!

2 comments:

  1. YOU HAVE AN ENTIRE SET UP!!! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! Well, I mean, not totally, because I don't have computer or a program to edit any footage (also I would literally kill someone for a Panasonic pancake 20mm f/1.7 lens...) but it's still way more of a setup then I really ever thought I would have!! It is sweet.

      Delete